Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Batten down the hatches



 CLC recommends what's become a standard method to keep hatch covers snugly in place: nylon webbing and fastex buckles. Easy enough. It's really beginning to feel like a CLC kayak.


They also recommend installing bungee cord keepers to hold things to the deck. I had to buy a bit more nylon webbing than I initially estimated - all that folding over at the edges and doubling up at the buckles adds up.

For the seat bottom, rather than build one myself (plans include drawings and instructions to do so), I just opened my wallet and bought one at West Marine. It's a stick-on thing, and it's quite comfortable.  Can't remember how much it cost. Couldn't have been too much, though, because I'm a cheap bastard and if it was too expensive, I'd probably just wind up using a stadium seat or some nonsense like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment